In the first Tour win for the new Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver, Branden Grace absolutely dominated while averaging 314.1 yards per drive for the week and a whopping 326 yards on Sunday.
The Callaway staffer carded an opening round 62 and never looked back in his 7-shot, wire-to-wire win at the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
Here’s a look at the 14 Callaway clubs in his bag, including his new driver:
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver (8.5-degree)
- Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood (15-degree)
- Apex Utility Iron (18-degree)
- X Forged ’13 Irons (4-PW)
- Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedge (52-degree)
- Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedge (56-degree)
- Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedge (60-degree)
- Odyssey Versa V-Line White/Black/White Putter
- An SR 3 Golf Ball
“It was a perfect fit for him,” Callaway Tour Rep, Ian Dryden said. “He likes the head shape, low spin and it has a tiny bit of fade bias that he likes.”
Grace’s Double Black Diamond gamer has a 45-inch shaft, set to a Neutral directional bias and a -1 loft adjustability with the Gravity Core in the down position. He first put it in play late last month at the DP World Tour Championship.
Grace is among a list of players like Gary Woodland and Patrick Reed who are already playing the new driver. The Double Black Diamond is built to maximize distance with extreme low spin for elite, high ball speed players and you can learn more about it in this Callaway video. (http://newsandmediav2.wpengine.com/2014/10/24/which-big-bertha-driver-is-right-for-you/)
Congratulations to Branden on an impressive win for #TeamCallaway and his new #AlphaLong driver.