It was the final round of the Qatar Masters and Branden Grace needed a birdie on the driveable par-4 16th. So he pulled out his Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver, hit it to about six feet and rolled in the eagle putt. He never looked back as he closed out his 2nd victory of the year, both of which have come with the new driver in his bag.
Here’s a look at what the 26-year-old Callaway staffer had in his bag for his 6th career win:
Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver (8.5°)
Apex Utility Iron (18°)
X Forged ’13 Irons (4-PW)
Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedge (52°, 56°, 60°)
Odyssey Versa V-Line Black/White/Black Putter
Grace said in his victory press conference, “I’m going to thank Callaway again – that driver again on 16…without that it wouldn’t be possible.”
This was another great moment for our two new Big Bertha Alpha 815 Drivers, which started out hot on Tour and have only continued to gain momentum ever since. Here are some numbers you should know:
– 308 yards per drive for Branden Grace this year
– 3 Tour wins already for Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond (including Patrick Reed’s victory at Kapalua)
– 16 Tour players are using one of our two new Big Bertha Alpha 815 Drivers this week at the Humana Challenge
– 3 of the first 5 wins on the European Tour this year have been by Callaway staffers (2 for Grace and 1 for Danny Willett)
– 27 overall Tour wins for the SR 3 Golf Ball
All of this comes in a week where Phil Mickelson put in the Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver and our new low compression Chrome Soft Golf Ball as well. #TeamCallaway is off to a remarkable start to 2015, and it’s only going to get better from here.
It’s been a thrilling few weeks, and of course we have to congratulate our man Branden on an awesome win. Well done, Gracie!
For more on what our new drivers are doing on Tour, take a look at this Callaway early season recap.