Sunday Best: Stenson, Ko & Ollie All Win With XR 16 Drivers
June 26, 2016 is going to go down as one of the greatest days on Tour for the XR 16 Driver, or any driver for that matter. It started with Henrik Stenson’s 10th career European Tour victory, snowballed with Ollie Schniederjan’s first career win on the Web.com Tour, and went to another level when Lydia Ko closed out her LPGA title in Arkansas.
With so many great storylines going on in such a short timeframe, it was tough to keep up to speed with all the big drives, clutch birdies and winning moments, but somehow we managed. Here’s a look at the three big wins for XR 16 on Sunday, which all happened over the course of just a few hours.
Stenson Gets It Started
– What Happened: Henrik Stenson finished off his 10th European Tour win and 20th professional win overall at the BMW International Open.
– How He Drove It: Playing with an XR 16, Henrik led the field in driving accuracy, hitting over 83% of fairways for the week.
– Driver Details: He’s had his gamer in the bag since January and according to Callaway Tour Reps, it has just a slight amount of fade bias. When he first tested the XR 16 on a Trackman launch monitor, he found that the ball speed was higher for him and the tighter dispersion led to straighter tee shots.
First of Many For Ollie
– What Happened: After carding a course-record tying 61 on Saturday, Callaway staffer and 23-year-old rising star Ollie Schniederjans won the Air Capital Classic in a playoff with a walkoff birdie (see video below). He moved up to 3rd in the Web.com standings and locked up his Tour card for next year.
– How He Drove It: Ollie used his XR 16 to average 310.5 yards per drive on the week (that’s really long)! And he averaged 316 yards per drive during the final round.
– Driver Details: Like Stenson, Ollie has had XR 16 in the bag all year. Callaway Tour Reps have said that Schniederjans likes that he can hit any shot that he needs with it, whether it’s a high ball flight, lower ball flight, a cut or a draw.
– Additional Bag Info: Ollie uses an XR 16 Pro fairway wood (16°), Apex Pro 16 irons (4-9), three MD3 Milled Wedges (54°, 58°, 62°) and a Chrome Soft golf ball.
Ko Keeps it Going
A photo posted by @lpga_tour on
– What Happened: Callaway staffer and World #1 Lydia Ko picked up her 13th LPGA Tour win, her 4th worldwide win this year, and her 18th professional win at the NW Arkansas Championship
– How She Drove It: Lydia hit over 80% of fairways for the week, and she continues to be one of the straightest hitters on the LPGA.
– Driver Details: She first put her XR 16 Pro Driver in play in March, and in her 2nd week playing with it she won at the Kia Classic. And she used it the following week in her major victory at the ANA Inspiration. During initial testing with the driver, Lydia particularly liked how straight she was hitting it off the tee. It’s set to the Neutral directional bias and -1 Loft adjustability.