THE FITTING ROOM | EPISODE: 78
Answering Your Questions (Mailbag Part I)
Nate and AJ are back with an all new episode featuring questions asked on the Callaway Community. if you're not a member yet, visit here so you can get all your fitting/equipment questions answered http://www.callawaygolf.com/community.
Here are the questions they go over:
- Martin L: I am hitting a GBB Epic with an Oban 40 Standard length regular flex shaft. Lately I have been struggling with consistency and losing even more distance than I normally have. I am thinking of shortening my driver by just putting in my 3W Shaft. Is there a difference between a FW shaft and a Driver shaft other than length? I am thinking the slightly heavier shaft might help with some control too. BTW. I am 6' even, and every fitting, I am fit to standard length irons, standard lie.
- Matt H: I am having trouble getting height with my Rogue 3. It has a 7 gram back weight in it, and I'm wondering if I change it would it help get the ball flying a little higher? I don't know whether to go lighter or heavier.
- Lamby: I had my Apex Pro Irons fitted with a Pro. At the time I was using Pro V1 golf balls but the smash rates were poor. He suggested I try Chrome+ balls which transformed the flight and carry. After 3 years of forced absence from the game I am returning to find my much loved Chrome+ are no longer available. It seems a simple solution - play the new Chrome Soft X. But before I purchase I wanted to check with those in the know if this is likely to be the correct ball for me?
- Mike C: I successfully play a 50 gram shaft in my driver. What is the typical weight I would need for my hybrids?
- Hammer1: What is the criteria in selecting the right putter and length 33", 34", 35"? I am about 5.7 to 5.8 and shoot about 95 to 100. I am leaning towards the Odyssey O-Works Red 7S. Any suggestions and feedback would be extremely helpful.
- Larsson19: Callaway X Forged UT -- Steel or Graphite shaft?